Frank La Rocca, Director of Business Improvement Services for Consolidated Edison will be presenting on how they have been able to manage their capital portfolio at this exclusive event in the Atlanta area. Two sessions will be presented….Alpharetta and/or Midtown (10/28 PM and 10/29 AM respectively).
For more information, please click here….
Join us for a webinar (presented by yours truly):
- Learn how portfolio analytics, coupled with appropriate portfolio segmentation and business case development, can be successfully enabled using Microsoft’s suite of PPM tools.
- See real usage models across Project Online, Office 365, and Power BI.
We came. We saw. We learned. The 2015 annual conference has come and gone, and with it, we’ve compiled our list of the top ten takeaways. See how the oil price downturn has affected project and portfolio management in the country’s energy capital.
(Posted on the UMT blog)
Feel free to stop by one of our booths. Both UMT Consulting Group and UMT360 will have space– in addition to our good friends from Microsoft. I’ll be there and bouncing between the different booths.
We also have clients presenting five (5!) sessions…
- Monday 11am, Reshaping the Business of the IT Enterprise PMO at Merck: Shifting to Value-Based Portfolio Investing by Jonathan Walsh, Merck IT
- Monday 2:30pm, Peer Roundtable: Using PPM for Business Transformation Success in Oil and Gas by Mike Dickey, Manager, PMO, Devon Energy
- Tuesday 11am, Accelerating Cloud’s Capacity Delivery by Leveraging PPM Capabilities: Baird Miller, Ph.D., Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure Portfolio Management.
- Tuesday 3:45pm, Learn Why PMOs are Moving Beyond Annual Planning by Frank La Rocca, PMO Manager, ConEdison
- Tuesday 4:30pm, Case Study: Using PPM for Business Transformation Success by Mike Dickey, Manager, PMO, Devon Energy
For additional information: http://www.umt.com/events/gartner-conference-2015/
Apparently, it takes lots of salty Danish licorice. Take a look at this presentation from Microsoft Ignite last week where Allan Rocha and Mike McLean do all the heavy lifting, and I sit in the back and make snide comments.
Maybe that’s the path forward for technical presentations. One person to present, and the other person to make fun of the presenter. Not sure all of the jokes worked (for instance, the joke about the Danish band fell a bit flat to the audience), but in the spirit of continual improvement, let us know what you think.
Florida Hospital will share how it successfully standardized its IT PMO and enhanced enterprise performance as a result. By investing in project portfolio visibility and standards it was able to enhance process excellence in pursuit of better community-based, cost effective healthcare.
During this webinar, you’ll learn:
- What role PMOs can play in enhancing IT project execution and ROI
- How the right tools and processes can help improve project resourcing
- Why standardization and effective change management are important
For more information, or to register….
Excited to announce this upcoming utilities-focused webinar on March 12 (2:00-3:00 EST) with UMT and Frank LaRocca, Director of Business Improvement Services for ConEdison.
- Learn from ConEd’s experiences and insights on building governance and an enterprise PMO for multi-billion dollar capital investment portfolios.
- Hear about the latest innovations in agile operating models that deliver and exceed historical performance across electric, gas and steam operations.
For more information, to register and/or to see the case study, please click here.
Come on out to Microsoft’s offices to see what’s next in project and portfolio management. For more information and to register, please check out this link:
Project and portfolio management is coming to Texas this November! We’d like to invite you to an Executive Briefing coming soon to a location near you:
- Learn how companies such as Devon Energy were able to leverage modern project and portfolio management (PPM) principles to enhance performance throughout the enterprise.*
- Hear from Microsoft leadership how the enterprise cloud as well as Microsoft’s investments in business intelligence and work management will empower your business.
- Be the first to see what’s in the 2015 release of Microsoft’s project management platform.
- Network with your PPM peers.
Please select a city to for more details and to register:
*Houston event only: Presented by Mike Dickey, Manager of Devon Energy’s IT PMO
Looking to learn more about how Microsoft’s Project Online will support your strategic project portfolio management capabilities? Come on out to Microsoft’s Tempe office next Thursday afternoon (10/16) where I’ll be leading a hands on session on the topic.
Please join us for a half-day session to explore how Microsoft Project Online can transform your approach to Project Portfolio Management.
This session is a chance to hear about Project Online, Microsoft’s best in class Project and Portfolio Management solution. Project Online is used by leading organizations around the world to align tactical execution with strategic goals.
Key themes that will be covered include:
• Data driven, strategic decision making leveraging best in class portfolio analytics.
• How to successfully leverage project management practices to drive portfolio value optimization.
• Visibility into your portfolio in the cloud from anywhere and ensuring that work is authorized and reflects the priorities of the business.